Wednesday, October 23, 2013

[Letters]

Today has just been such a full day of joy. I don't even know how to describe it. This has been a crazy week for sure and I know that God stands firm throughout all of the highs and lows. I feel like I am entangled in a fascinatingly mysterious adventure. I think some people just call it "life."
I am in love with the contrasting brightness and gloominess that is fall.
This is currently my favorite picture. Luke wanted to capture the man fishing in the background. 
"I think I wasn't looking." "No, you're good." aaaand neither of us were. #notsurprising
This is not-so-slowly becoming my favorite place on campus. 

Dear Dad- Sometimes I wonder what would happen if you were here and saw my life today. Sometimes the day-to-day makes me feel like I'm not changing at all. But then days like today open my eyes to who I really am, where I've come from, and how crazy of a journey it has been. I do wish you could be a part of it sometimes. Dear Mistakes- Lately, you've been coming in the form of missing assignments, forgetting dates with friends, and oversleeping more than anyone ever should. Thank goodness my friends are gracious and forgiving, my grades aren't the most important thing, and I have been getting much needed sleep time. Dear Noon Lunch- Today, you included authentic egg rolls, getting bacon chai with my two vegetarian friends (I don't get it either), catching up with Trenten, Molly playing with my hair, and Amy asking me to give my testimony in front of a few hundred people. #herewego #usingmygifts #imightpuke Dear Fellow Bloggers- I cannot tell you how pumped I am to have you joining me (or have me discover you) on the interwebs. Can anyone say COMMUNITY!? It's like I've just recently learned that the internet can be used to connect with people and I am fascinated. So Alexi, Rachel, Ariel, and Coral, get ready, because this girl is going to be following you like there's no homework to be done! (Also, what is this weebly business and how did I miss the memo? I'm so old school...) Dear Luke John- Thanks for loving surprises, going on spontaneous adventures, dressing in your fall best, and being honest. I couldn't ask for more than a man who makes me origami hearts and gives me his gloves when my hands are cold (this is always). I appreciate you. 

P.S. They have coffee ice cream and toffee crunch ice cream in the caf today. It's like they knew that Wednesdays are my ice cream days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...