Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." [Martin Luther King, Jr.]

Dear Dad- I remember last year around this time I was having an intense battle in my mind about whether to go to Eau Claire or U of M. Finally one night at dinner, I told you to just pick one. You picked Eau Claire. Even though that just played a small role in my decision, thank you for knowing me so well. Dear Friday Night- After three hours of some pretty hardcore cleaning, I was ready for a night off. Hockey, talking and eating pretzels and maple candy, and a late night in the kitchen all made for the perfect mix of crazy and chill. Dear Weekend Brunch- It is going to take me a while to build back up to where I was last semester. Today I had eggs, yogurt, a grapefruit, and a piece of french toast. That's a cup of coffee, an english muffin, and a donut short of my usual.


P.S. I realized yesterday how much I hate ignorance. Sure, the ignorance of others is annoying, irritating, and occasionally inconvenient, but it's my own ignorance that bothers me so much. I understand that I am still young, and I have a lot of growing and learning to do, but I just want to know everything. Nothing upsets me more than being completely ignorant about certain topics or situations. This year alone I have learned significantly more about hockey, the military, politics, and obviously college. I love that I am more knowledgable about these topics, but I want to know even more, and continue to learn about other topics and situations that I know nothing about. Some say that ignorance is bliss, and although on the surface this may seem true, I have a hard time agreeing. Ignorance just means that the truth will soon be discovered, and while being in the dark was more comfortable, it was also a lie. So it is my wholehearted belief that ignorance is something to be avoided and I will continue to make an effort to know and learn as much as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...