Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Day in Milwaukee

Yesterday I had the amazing opportunity to head down to Milwaukee with three of my best friends and explore the city. 
We visited the Milwaukee Art Museum, where we met up with a few of Jamie's friends that she goes to school with at UWM. 
When we were going through the museum, I was able to correctly identify a few pieces of artwork, the artist, and the meaning behind the work from the art class I took this semester.  I was surprised that I actually retained some of what I learned from that class, and it was so cool to be able to apply it to real life. 


At noon we headed outside to see the wings move, and took many pictures while waiting. 


All of us walked over to the Safe House where we were planning to get some food before parting ways, but it turned out to be closed until later that night. Jamie said good bye to her friends and the four of us walked back to our car to eat the food we'd packed. 


Then we spent some time shopping at Trader Joe's, getting my very first fro-yo, and sampling loads of food at Whole Foods. 


We finally headed over to the Safe House, where we had dinner. It was a really cool restaurant, as it is spy-themed, and it was the first time I'd ever heard someone say "the food came to our table too fast!" 
After dinner we got back into the car, listened to some jams, and drove back to Appleton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...