Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement - and we will make the goal." [Robert Collier]

My great encouragers 

Dear Dad- We miss you a lot. A lot a lot. But we always have each other, and thanks to you we will cling to that. Dear Highlighters- Thank you for making my planner look snazzy and organized. Also, you make homework, studying, and note-taking wayyy more entertaining. Dear Sunshine- Thank you for coming out today and lighting up snack time and my hike across the bridge, and allowing me to wear just my pumas and a north face


P.S. Sometimes I spill toothpaste on my shirt and forget to change. Sometimes I realize almost too late that important paperwork is due. Sometimes people in the financial aid office look at me like I'm dumb. Sometimes I get 6 hours of sleep and cry 7 times because I'm overtired and overwhelmed. Life is crazy. I have the story of the prodigal son. I have 5 beautiful friends who pray for and encourage me on Tuesday nights. I have a sister, a twin, and a best friend who understands me more than anyone, even though I speak fashion and she speaks athletics. I have D-Man, who makes 11:00 caf runs with me, who is open and honest, and who I know I can trust. I have Katarina, Meghan, Katie, and Bitty, and even if I only see them for a split second in a day, I know that they love me. I have Garrett and Jamie, who light up my day when I glance at the background of my laptop or cell phone. I have my mother, who I can call 4 times in one morning, and will keep picking up, despite her crazy work load. I have love, and it's enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...