Sunday, February 19, 2012

"The stars are far brighter, than gems without measure, the moon is far whiter, than silver in treasure." [J.R.R. Tolkien]

Over the weekend I was refreshed, renewed, and blessed in so many ways. 


Meghan and I during the fashion show, I was an old man and she was a hippie. 
 Texas Roadhouse, fried pickles!
 Stargazing!
 My friends are beautiful. 
Friday
...I met with Lexie and Heather for our first Friday bible study/prayer/share time. It was so refreshing to be filled up with God's love through these wonderful ladies! I am very excited to continue this throughout the semester. 
...Meghan, Bitty, Katie and I went to A Capella Extravaganza, which was so amazingly fun and a great medicine for the soul. Plus The Innocent Men covered my favorite Mumford & Sons song and I got to see Ryan beatbox in Fifth Element, which was pretty awesome. 
...A fashion show, baking muffins, and watching an interrupted version of this movie rounded out our Friday night. 
...But Bitty and I decided that wasn't quite enough. We had a 2am-5am chat in the stairwell and got to finally connect for the first time basically since the semester started. Scaring Rachel and Brian while they were doing rounds was just an added bonus. 


Saturday
...After breakfast, Meghan and I headed to the library, where, among other things, I started to work on writing my second speech. This time it's going to be on redheads. I'm pretty pumped. 
...That night Deaven, Bitty, Meghan, Katie and I headed to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday dinner(compliments of Deaven and the communal change jar). I think we ate 9 baskets of roles between the 5 of us. I am not ashamed to admit to this in the least, because their cinnamon butter is too good to resist! 
...Deaven surprised us all by driving past campus and all the way out into the country so we could all stargaze. It was so wonderful to see the little pin pricks of light among the stark black sky. It was pretty hilarious too when he showed us the big dipper and little dipper...and Bitty found the real big dipper in the opposite direction 3 minutes later. 
...After polishing off the last of the rolls and scaring Rachel and Brian once again, we headed to bed. 


Sunday
...Sunday brought on yet another round of back to back work shifts followed by a hall council meeting and a trip to the caf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...