Sunday, February 12, 2012

"AZ Leanback 4 life!" [Mara Howell-Vandenberg]

Over the weekend I was finally able to relax and unwind. 
My only picture from the weekend: a really crappy one of Mar and I from Sam's phone.


Friday 
...I spent a good three hours with Brian, learning how to kill people via video games, and having a really good conversation about life. He gave me a lot of perspective, a good dose of truth, and a valentines cookie, via his mother. 
...We all went to the hockey game, a disappointing tie for the Blugolds in the last game of the season. I would just like to say that I do not disappoint, I had my biggest scream/jump combo of the season when the buzzer went off before the second period. 
...After the hockey game we drove to get our ears pierced, but as it was closed, we opted for Perkins instead. Unfortunately, as life sometimes goes, Perkins was all out of mac and cheese. Luckily, I had a good time with my friends and our kindly waitress Beth, who has two years of serving experience at my local Eau Claire Perkins. 
...We spent the remainder of the night in the lobby, entertaining ourselves with truth or dare and keeping Katie "company" as she worked the night shift. In reality, it was mostly just me and Meghan playing "would you rather"and going to bed around midnight. 


Saturday
...After breakfast and a little bit of homework, we all headed for the mall... too many people in one car. I still have yet to figure out the purpose behind that mall trip, but I did snag some of D-Man's fried rice, so it was worth it. 
...We headed back to the piercing place, and Bitty, Meghan, and I all got some new holes in our ears. Bitty got a rook and Meghan and I did the auricle. Bitty, Meghan, and Katie all chipped in to pay for my piercing as a birthday present! These guys are the BEST! (Plus there was this adorable 5 year old there and we used a blown up latex glove as a balloon and it was a pretty stellar time. I miss kids.)
...I also had the wonderful delight of having Mara over this weekend! She came Saturday night and it was so good to see a face from back home and catch up!
...Mara, Paul, and I headed to the dems house for a "classy party." It was fun just hanging out with Mara, Paul, and Sam, and I loved meeting a bunch of new people. 


Sunday
...4 hours of homework, 3 meals at the caf, 2 work shifts, 1 hall council meeting

4 comments:

  1. I can understand why Justin thinks that was me in the picture...after all, my hair does grow really fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, that is so true. You and mara are basically twins, so the mistake is really understandable.

      Delete
  2. Did you hear that Justin Vernon did an Eau Claire shoutout at the Grammys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did! I heard quite a bit about that actually. My english teacher complained the other day because he's been in the newsfeed of our homepage...basically the whole year haha

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...