Monday, August 8, 2011

[Letters]


Dear Dad- The cottage wasn't quite the same without our typical raft wars. Also, although she tried, Mara was a poor substitute for you in euchre. I miss you. Dear North Break-In- I had no idea this would be such an adventure! Sneaking past classrooms, leaving Mrs. Klunder a gold star and 3 notes from Sam, Lara, and I, checking out the choir room and finding Aamot's signed ballet slippers in the garbage, looking at green room bricks, continually being questioned about our fedoras, and having Mr. Thaldorf play Lara "Happy Birthday" on his trumpet. Being back at high school made me realize that we're really moving on and that despite my complaints while in attendance, I will truly miss the school and the people there. Dear Sisterhood Marathon- Throw four girls and two crazy guys into a basement to watch these two ultimate chick flicks, and you get... a. really hot. b. comments on every outfit on the screen worn by Lena (me) c. half eaten bags of pretzels and vegetables  d. 14 tear-worthy moments (also me) and e. jokes about Paul wearing America Ferrera's clothes. 


P.S. Rejection is an interesting motivator. How many times a day do we avoid doing simple things because we fear rejection? Perhaps not often, but perhaps it effects more of our decisions than we think. Not applying for jobs, not sending out invitations, not spending time with the people we really want to get to know, not asking questions. I sometimes wonder, and worry about, how much I let rejection rule my life and my decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...