Friday, June 10, 2011

[Italy Day Seven: Pisa & Levanto]

[day one] [day two] [day three] [day four] [day five] [day six] [day eight] [reflection]


Riding the McDonald's Train, Anna, Maddie, and I in the piazza, choir women in Pisa, me "holding up" the leaning tower, Jackie, Ruthie, and Meg at lunch, singing "Kyrie" in the baptistry. 


I wake up to the sound of laughter. Danielle is chuckling at my choice of an alarm clock. Dog Days Are Over by Florence + The Machine, what else would it be? Danielle gets up to shower and I fall back asleep. She takes a digger stepping into the shower and like the good roommate I am, I roll over and go back to sleep. I have American coffee and granola for breakfast and finally I am full and well rested. I attempt to jam all of my purchases into my luggage and we then bus to Pisa
We take a McDonald's train from the parking lot into the main square and take a tour of thePiazza dei Miracoli, including the duomo, the baptistry, and the outside of the leaning tower. We get special permission to sing in the baptistry and our voices ring for ages in the space. We experiment with a quick warm up and then sing "Kyrie"(this is the actual video of us singing in the space). Lunch is a delicious pizza, cut into squares, and eaten with a new crowd, Jackie, Meg, and Ruthie. 


The coffee tray in our hotel room, a child playing on the beach, Danielle, Ellie, Mara, and I climbing rocks, boats on the shore, balcony view of Levanto, an old man fishing. 


After Pisa, we drive to Levanto and I take a nap. Danielle and I head up to our hotel room, which is the most beautiful room I've stayed in. The walls are painted peach and pink, and covered in intricate details and paintings. The chandelier hangs over an immense royal-red bed, but the room is illuminated by the tall white windows that are framed by lace curtains. We grab our Minoltas and take pictures in our room and the rooms around us. 
We take a short walk to the beach, where I explore and take many pictures of children playing in the sand, the white-blue waves, and the old boats on the shore. This is the most beautiful place I've been and I am so happy. Danielle, Ellie, Mara, and I climb rocks by the boat house and enjoy the view. It is time for dinner and I am dreading the anxious feeling of not having a dinner that will nourish me. After dinner we walk to a park and head to bed, excited for the day ahead on this beautiful coast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...