Sunday, December 15, 2013

[Over the Weekend]

I am thankful…



...for surprise dates with Luke that include authentic delis, absolutely magical sleigh rides, sitting by three fires, and of course, eating ice cream, drinking coffee and watching Wes Anderson. 
…for curfews and actually getting sleep lately.
...for Saturday morning caf dates with my best friend Molly.
...for afternoons at Racy's spent journaling with hot coffee watching the slow snow.
...for the Governor's community and our annual white elephant exchange.
...for Jenna and the way we connect. I think we could spend hours talking and never run out of things to talk about. She is so wise.
...for gift cards from appreciative friends and learning how to receive love in this way.
…for oranges, always for oranges.
...for christmas lights, especially when set to music.
...for difficult conversations that span for days, truth that triumphs over lies, and giving up everything to God when I realize I just can't do it on my own. 
...for Jordan, who saved my butt when I was making these brownies today and who I know genuinely cares when she asks how I am doing. 
...for a life worth celebrating. 
...for spontaneous fireworks that made an adventure/fake birthdate the most magical evening of all.
...for moonlit tromping in the snowy woods and harvested corn fields. 
...for finding out exciting news. and sort of unrelated: for Ariel and the time we get to spend together.
...for Alexi, and how our blogs have basically become secret notes to each other. (I love you dearly).
...for moments of intimacy with God and realizing how he truly is the only one who can satisfy.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...