Thursday, December 5, 2013

[Gratitude]

I am thankful…
…for fat snowflakes that fall on my head and cover the ground and make for great Christmas spirit!
…for boys that let me play football with them, even when I can't throw as far as them and sometimes my fingers freeze and I do the splits sliding in the snow.
…for Jordan Gilbertson; her touches, her snapchats, and the way that she always makes me feel so welcomed and loved whenever I walk into James' room. 
…for the "Good News of Great Joy" advent devotional and how much it is blowing me away every single day. "Do not think, because you experience adversity, that the hand of the Lord is shortened. It is not our prosperity but our holiness that he seeks with all his heart." 
…for this boy and the poetry he creates and the art he sees and the ways he inspires me.
…for skylight and being able to see Alexi and Anna and receive love from them through touch and through words. 
…for a blogging community with Ariel and Alexi and how excited we get about each other's blogs.
…for Justin Weber and the words of encouragement and affirmation he speaks into me. Also, the way that he cares for me by making me tea and throwing away my tissues when I miss the trash.
…for the ability to focus and get work done these past few days.
…for this three hour medley of Christmas songs that just gets me in the spirit and reminds me of evenings with my friends. 
…for phone conversations with my mother when life is good and we get to rejoice in that together.
…for God providing all kinds of crazy opportunities when I clear my schedule and let him have all of my time.
…for Christmas trees! Alllll the Christmas trees.
…for being able to look forward to Racy's dates when I have ants in my pants. 
…for Beautiful Eulogy and the lyrics to According to God that pretty much speak my thoughts. 
…for Wednesday afternoons with Michelle and all that she teaches me and our exploration of our love languages and what that looks like in our lives. 
…for honest breakfasts with Ashley and the way we can laugh about our similarities.
…for paper snowflakes, Christmas socks, and Christmas twine. 
…for prayer nights that recenter our hearts on Paul's words in Romans 9 and remind us to give up control.
…for a bible study that isn't afraid to ask questions, a co-leader that isn't afraid to speak truth and put her beliefs into words, and a group of friends who can pray for and support each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...