Wednesday, December 11, 2013

[Gratitude]

Some days, I am just overwhelmed by how much God loves me. I should be thanking him every single day for all that he does for me, but my offerings are meager in contrast to his greatness. 

I am thankful…
…for good earth tea that soothes my sore, once again sick, throat. 
…for mornings I can sleep in and move slowly.
…for ASL classes that only last 20 minutes.
…for that abandoned room with green walls whose corners have held me as I've cried.
…for scripture and truth sent in times of great need.
…for sunny rooms and honest conversations with Jordan.
…for finally being able to see my dear sister, Molly.
…for Alexi hugs and how she makes me feel like the most important person on earth whenever I see her.
…that I can watch Holland and Coral laugh together and have my heart be lightened. 
…for afternoons spent in Davies, leaning against Ariel's legs, getting a back massage, and discussing some of the scarier things of our lives, but claiming that Jesus is greater.
…for Yui, because he covers me up with his giant puffy coat when I am freezing. 
…for Coral and the way she so willingly and honestly shares. I am so blessed by that girl and really hopeful that we can have a blogging community party next week with many of our lovely friends. 
…that I continue to be pursued by a Godly man who challenges me, cares for me, and makes me laugh until my sides hurt. His sense of adventure and willingness to encourage my orange obsession bless me.
…for spontaneous thankful, hopeful, and how-God-is-working lists with Michelle when life seems gloomy.
…for coming home to paper snowflakes taped to my door with bible verses written on them. 
…for ab ripper with Ben and Luke that brought me way back to last April and made me see how far we've all come. So grateful for these two. Also, my hip flexors hurt and I won't be able to walk tomorrow. 
…for my bible study. I was almost in tears tonight as I realized how much I just love being with these people, my sisters, my friends. They question, they laugh, they make me laugh, and they have insights that blow me out of the water. They also give me candy, which rocks. 
…for a God who consistently pursues me and works towards my transformation even when I don't remember or acknowledge it. He is a redeemer. He is a friend. His promises are trustworthy and true. 

For that I am infinitely grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...