Tuesday, October 22, 2013

[Over the Weekend]

I am thankful...
...for six hour road trips to Iowa with my best friend.
...for Molly Bray. 
...for mornings spent in coffee shops with lace curtains and old doors, catching up over breakfast sandwiches and coffee.
...for tours around new campuses with new friends who inspire me to live a Spirit-led life.
...for cozy coffee shops with chai tea, board games, laughter, and phone calls.
...for a dear friend and the chances we've gotten to see each other over the last three years.
...for a weekend that has restored my soul and my ability to laugh and love freely. 
...for authentic delis, glass soda bottles that carry more memories than drops of liquid, and for a boyfriend who is willing to share his lamb with his vegetarian girlfriend.
...for a small venue that held one big show.
...for music that pumped up the body and the soul.
...for drums, dancing, and a night with my friend and partner-in-crime. 

Highlights include: chatting nonstop for six hours in the car with Molly, hugging all of my Iowa friends again, eating Mu Shoo again, meeting Justin and Andy and getting to have real conversations about ministry, Jesus, and rest, playing bowls and four on a couch, delicious coffee to wake me up both mornings, a sermon that spoke to what I am learning, a home-cooked community meal, listening to a sermon that amazed me and grew me, meeting more of the people that are important in Luke's life, seeing twenty-one pilots perform live, drinking McDonald's sweet tea, and declaring that Jesus is Lord and that his name has power. He has overcome. He has won. We are free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...