Friday, September 9, 2011

[Letters]

“ We are all one. In the human form we are pioneers embarked on a wonderful journey, exploring and experiencing the physical world.”  [Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh]
I am so glad that Danielle really got me into photography. I miss taking photos with this girl. 

Dear Dad- I am trying my hardest to create balance in my life, but between intervarsity, job hunting(and finding), class, and other activities it's hard to have time for homework. Dear Photography Expedition- You were the perfect Friday afternoon activity. I'd been itching to explore the beauty in and around campus. I'm so excited to get this roll of film developed! It was even worth the cut I got on my foot. Dear Katie- Your attempt at shimmying tonight was the first time I belly-laughed in weeks. Thank you for that. 


P.S. I didn't get to make this point in Poli Sci today, and although I don't exactly like discussing politics so openly, I think I want to share this. The question: What is wrong with the American political system? My point: Our presidential office has been switching back and forth between Democrats and Republicans for decades, which creates a separation and a pull backwards, instead of a unified and cooperative force that can move our country forward. There, I said it!

2 comments:

  1. Food for thought: your answer to the question assumes there's a unified definition of "[moving] our country forward." What happens when different people want different things? Who's to say what's best for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do see where you're coming from, I just feel like each president is trying to "undo" the legislation and changes in political offices (the Supreme Court is one example) of the past president instead of creating new policies and and reforms. However, this "undoing" is often necessary in order to create new reforms. I guess the problem actually stems from hyper-partisanship, trying to turn the government very liberal or conservative while in office. Again, these are just ideas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...