Monday, September 16, 2013

[Over the Weekend]

I am thankful...
for garden veggies and peaceful places of solitude.
for delicious snacks on sunny afternoons while I let God remind me of His story.
for a place to be restored...
 and a place to climb trees.
for 2nd floor and the women that live there, Dhyana, Jen, Lern, and Amy.
for Saturday morning scavenger hunts, words of encouragement, and talks on this river.
for being a part of what God is doing in Michelle's life.
for new friends named Adam that just fit the group.
 for being a part of a floor that celebrates, laughs, and EATS together.
 for a brother that shows me gentleness, a friend that shows me kindness, and a partner that shows me selflessness. 
for afternoon talks with Alexi in Racy's and time spent writing in the sun.
for my sister, my Jonathan, my best friend Molly and the way God is using us to teach, heal, and love each other. 

Highlights include: Breakfast dates with Anna, Friday morning ice cream at the goat, time in the most wonderful garden in Eau Claire, rooms bursting with people playing Mario Kart, guitar dates with Molly and Jordan, a movie with old friends and free popcorn, a Saturday morning-turned-afternoon not easily forgotten, filming for fall breakaway, phone conversations with my bestie, laughing and celebrating Yom Kippur at Olive Garden, a draining night of my own selfishness followed by the Father's forgiveness the next morning, wise words from Pastor Paul, tears and healing with my sister, sincere affirmations from Alexi, seeing how I fit into Jesus' story, and a restorative night of worshipping and praying with my God that is greater than all of my fears, worries, grief, and brokenness.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...