Sunday, February 24, 2013

[Over the Weekend]

I am thankful...
for Christian community and a never-ending support system.
for pit stops on road trips for delicious coffee.
for friends who God has given the ability to drive during snowstorms, pray during every circumstance, and make snow angels during 2 am gas stops. 
for 5 wonderful roommates who jazz up the halls with balloons...
and surround my bed with streamers. 
for birthdays that include games of cribbage, 
productive use of self-timers, 
and free desserts from kind waiters, shared with both of my friend groups. 
for family that drives long distances to spend a day loving me, 
Photocredit: Meghan
and abusing me.
Photocredit: Meghan
for opportunities to be silly,
real,
and adventurous. 

Highlights: a four-hour car ride with Molly that included conversation, laughter, and Allen Hood sermons, dancing around UW-Platteville swinging glowsticks with Sam Ham, a six hour car ride through a blizzard that proved the power of prayer and the love of God for his children, sleeping in on my birthday, taking the edge off with an Americano, getting to open gifts that show how well my friends and family know me and love me, a hilarious photo shoot in silent study, half-priced apps and free rubik's cubes, visitors from home, oatmeal from Randy's, walking in the snowy woods, caramel chai and cards at the Goat, and a continued thankfulness for the people that surround me. 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! By far one of my favorite weekends all school year! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...